Monday, March 12, 2012

Are you growing?


Where have these past few weeks gone?? It feels as if February never existed!! I guess time really does fly when you’re having fun OR have a BUSY schedule! Whew!!!
For those of you who know me, I ALWAYS look at the glass half full. I look for the good in everyone and everything, count my blessings, and try to enjoy every day to the fullest! This past month and a half, have been EVEN MORE challenging (in good ways).  I have buckled down, put my nose to the grindstone and focused on completing all of my workouts (not that I haven’t before but it is a lot different from last year’s training regime). Let’s just say I am soo happy it’s starting to feel like spring outside! Long bike rides spent on the trainer along with long runs on the treadmill can drive one insane after a while! I’m sure ready for a change of scenery! This weekend was glorious, weather-wise! I was thrilled to be able to enjoy it! I’ve also seen huge results already with my new training and I’m quite excited! I can tell an overall improvement from last training season and I’m pumped!! First race is in May!!  



I have really been seeking God on the next phase of my life as well,(spending more time in the Word and listening to some awesome teaching) that has changed my way of thinking! Matty and I continue to grow more together, not only thru our love and passion for working out and enjoying similar hobbies, but by listening to these life-changing messages together. IF you have the opportunity, check out Keith Moore, Steven Furtick and Joyce Meyers (some of my fav’s), they will seriously rock your world and challenge the heck out of you! Matt and I just finished listening to “Great Grace” by Keith Moore, 10 part listening series and boy I thought I knew everything there was to know about grace! Haha.  There’s a lot more to it than you think!  I encourage you to plug something in when you can find the time! If you have a nice little commute to work, that would be a great time to listen to a teaching, OR maybe when you’re working out, download a message! I make it a habit and have noticed much fruit produced from this!
I’ve enjoyed really “living out” my walk with God on a daily basis (not that I wasn’t before). Every day (before my feet hit the ground) I ask God to give me opportunities to be a blessing to someone, ANYONE and HE has! God has given me numerous opportunities to witness that I can’t even count them on my hand. After all, isn’t that why we are here on this earth in the first place, to be a witness and reach out to those lost and in need?? I only wish I had more to give, not only in a monetary sense but with my time as well. Everyone could use a shoulder to lean on and a person to talk to! Everyone wants a true and honest friend who will challenge and pray with them. I challenge you not to save “church” for once a week, but to really live out your “walk with God” on a daily basis. HE wants to USE you in ways you’ve never known, HE wants to lead and guide your next steps in life, but you have to learn to listen to HIS voice daily and not only once a week church time, or you’ll never know what steps to take that are Godly instead of just good.


I can honestly say I truly love my life and couldn’t be happier right now. I always say, if you’re not stretching, growing or working outside your comfort zone, then you’re not really living your life to the fullest! God has called us to make a difference! So start with where you are now. HE will take you places you’ve never dreamed before! I can’t wait for this next new season in my life! All the glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment