Happy 31st Birthday Matty!!
Matt’s turning 31 on Saturday May 19th! I always tell him that I like to celebrate him every day, not just the day of his birth, he just laughs. Sooo in lieu of his big day I wanted to share a few things about why I love this man!
1. AMAZING heart for God and unconditional love for me!!!
2. Left handed
3. Comes across quiet and laid back, until you get to know himJ
4. Brainiac, nerd…enough said there!
5. Attended Carnegie Mellon University for undergrad and grad school, was named among the top 20 soccer players in CMU’s history, and was the assistant men’s soccer coach!
6. Can whip up a mean spicy chili (layers of goodness), chocolate chip waffles, breakfast sandwich and yummy chicken tetrazzini!
7. Tells it like it is; only black and white here folks.
8. Is both a night and morning person.
9. Extremely dislikes making the bed, but willing does so on many occasionsJ
10. Two favorite beverages: 2% milk and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, aaaaand maybe some Mt. Dew Supernova!
11. Favorite food is PIZZA and peanut butter English muffins!
12. Hates surprises.
13. Thinks watching movies in theater’s is a waste of time.
14. Played ice hockey, soccer, and hurdled (track) in high school at Pine Richland and has won every award known.
15. Biggest pet-peeves: any loud chewing/eating sounds, lazy/unmotivated people.
16. The last person to leave work every day, overachiever!
17. Knows the exact miles on each pair of shoes he owns, which is A LOT.
18. Biggest chip monster EVER-it’s got to be Tostitos’ with cheese dip! He will even eat chips in soups, as a side dish, mashed up with meat, you name it!
19. Carnegie Mellon runs in the family: Matt’s only brother, both my brother and sister AND dad are alumni!
20. Allergic to cats
21. Not a fan of coffee at all, even hates the smell….CRAZZY!
22. Director of Marketing Analytics at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
23. Likes to use his white t-shirts as napkins and to blow his nose, gross!
24. Built his own bike (Quintana Roo) and taught himself to swim!
25. Writes the best notes, words of encouragement, and cards, EVER.
26. Prays God’s word over me and encourages me to seek God daily.
27. Some favorite movies/shows: Shawshank Redemption, Batman series, The Office, The Godfather, Indiana Jones, 24, Braveheart, Gladiator, Tour de France, Modern Family.
28. LOVES kids!!!! Sooo excited, he’s going to make the BEST dad!
29. Extremely detail-oriented and driven in every area.
30. Sept. 2008-Pgh Great Race: the day Matt found me and the rest is history.
31. The most selfless, humble, giving, hardworking, encouraging, supportive, honest, loveable, genuine, Godly (and the list goes on) man I know.
There is no truer and greater gift than God’s gift of salvation and HIS gift of bringing Matt into my life. I shine because of him. I absolutely love my life and going this journey together. Matt brings out the best in me and every day I fall more and more in love with him. Here’s to another year full of memories and growing closer together!
I love my better half!
Happy Happy Birthday Matty!