Monday, December 12, 2011

My Better Half :)



I just wanted to take a minute and praise my husband, Matt. I know I don’t do it often enough. He IS my better half! AND other than GOD, he is my everything! I truly believe if you place God first in your life, HE will bless the socks off you! I know HE did when he placed Matt in my life.  My marriage is truly “Heaven on Earth” as my pastor always says! J AND it keeps getting better and better each day!

Relationships and marriage are high maintenance. If you want good, healthy, relationships in your life, you need to be willing to work at it, you need the wisdom of God, and you need to understand the dynamics of relationships.


Psalm 34:12–14 is a scripture that sums up in a nutshell what it takes to have fulfilling relationships and a good marriage. It says,
“Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”

There are three powerful truths in this verse that will greatly aid in the success of a fulfilling and happy marriage (IF you apply them). They are:

  • Control your tongue.
  • Do good to each other.
  • Seek peace and pursue it.

The most important thing in your life besides your relationship with God are the people in your life. It’s not your job or your money, or your hobbies. And if you’re married, it’s your spouse!

You can have everything, but if you lack good relationships, you are unfulfilled and empty.

On the other hand, you can have very little, but if you have friends and fulfilling relationships, you are rich!


We all have different personalities. We have different gifts and talents, but we also have different needs. We should learn what the other person’s needs are and build them up according to their needs. Many times we try to meet our spouse’s needs according to what we like and we need, but it will not have the same effect because we are all different. By understanding how each other feels loved and what our different needs are, miscommunication will be avoided and love will be increased.

By applying these simple biblical principles in your life, you can be a blessing to your BETTER half!

If you both choose to focus on the each other’s needs, you will experience such a loving, healthy, Godly relationship! Each day you fall more in love!

Ephesians 4:2–3 says to be completely humble and gently; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Matt is the most selfless, caring, thoughtful, Godly, man I know and SOO much more! I am so very blessed to have him in my life; he makes me a better person.

What are you doing to make your marriage/relationship the best it can be?

2 comments:

  1. Bo! Great post! I am trying to be like Matt . . . that's what I'm doing to better my relationship with Laura :)

    Love you guys! Thanks for being examples to look up to!

    Bubs

    ReplyDelete