Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Everything

HE will never leave you nor forsake you, no matter how far away you fall… HE will always be there; ready to FORGIVE ALL your sins!

I had a long lost friend contact me the other day (out of the blue) wanting to know how to bring God back into her life. Lately, she decided to live a life for herself, making wrong choices which ultimately destroyed, what she thought, were her hopes and dreams.  Well my friend, it is NEVER too late to start over!
It is true God created us to live a life on purpose and develop a relationship with HIM. BUT because of our own selfishness, often times, we forget all the blessings that God has given us. We turn our back to Him because we want to experience the world, and what is in it.  We want to do things “our way and in our timing.”  We may even go as far as seeking things that give us pleasure, keeping us very far away from God, destroying our lives.   That’s when you find you’re quickly sinking and eventually end up so far from Him that you don’t know if you can ever make it back.

BUT it's a very great thing to know God is still with us, EVEN when we neglect Him. He is still waiting for our come back and without any hesitation He will accept us again and will protect us because He loves us so much. He lovingly welcomes us with open arms.

I don’t know if you have seen the skit or video to the song “Everything” by Lifehouse, but it is a very powerful drama!  I used this as one of my weekly bible lessons to the senior high students (at our church) a few years ago and they were blown away. I wanted to share a little bit of info on the message and the passion behind “Everything.”

The drama focuses on the spiritual warfare being fought for our souls.
At the beginning of the skit, the young woman indulges in the pure joy and innocence of finding her first love in Jesus, as He shows her all the wonderful things He has done and has in store for her.

But this moment becomes tarnished by seemingly harmless distractions, which turn into temptations and ultimately into deadly sins.

The fallen spiritual forces at work begin their relentless attack on the young woman, who takes her eyes off Jesus and sets them on the world.
She finds herself overcome by all the vices made to look so attractive in life: sexual impurity, greed for money, drinking, bulimia, and cutting.

The lies that she has been told about her worthlessness and inability to measure up lead her into depression, attempted suicide, and ultimately into a desperation that spurs her to once again seek her first love.

Only after the woman hits rock bottom does she remember the true source of her joy -- a relationship with Christ.

But she's not alone as she battles to regain the abundant life Jesus has given her. Unable to fend off the enemy's spiritual attack on her own, she puts her eyes back on Jesus, who is waiting for her call for help.
Eager to step in and fight the battle for His bride, Jesus fends off and defeats the demonic attackers who are after her very soul and life.

We are reminded that Christ already won the battle for our souls on the cross, and that we have victory over our sins through our hope and redemption in Jesus.
It affirms I John 4:4: "You dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

God is so amazing.......this video really touches my heart! Check out the link below along with the lyrics to the song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

(try the first link, if doens't work then try second)

Everything by Lifehouse (lyrics)

Find me here, and speak to me
I want to feel you, I need to hear you
You are the light that's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again
You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the life to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything
And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms and you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You steal my heart and you take my breath away
Would you take me in, take me deeper now
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this

Cause you're all I want, you're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
Everything, everything

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better-any better than this
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this
The skit was originally performed at the 2006 Smoky Mountain Winterfest in Knoxville, Tenn. It packed 30,000 into the Tennessee Volunteers' Thompson-Boling arena each night, and has deeply impacted God's Kingdom ever since.

In a society caught up with Oscars and Golden Globes, those involved in the production of the "Everything Skit" received a much greater reward than any golden figurine could ever deliver -witnessing changed lives!
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

No matter what you’re facing in life depression, hatred, suicide, abortion, rejection, addictions….God gives you victory over your sins and your life! HE wants to wipe your slate clean, all you need to do is call out and reach out to HIM! He is all you need. You are never too far from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment