Thursday, February 2, 2012

Prov. 31 woman


My hearts desire and longing is to be a woman after God’s own heart; for other’s to see Christ in me. I know I am only human and make many many mistakes, but it’s always good to have goals, things to strive for in life. For me, I have many things I would like to accomplish before I leave this earth, however knowing who I am in Christ and how I can impact others, is something I ask God for everyday when I wake, and is how I want to lead my life… More of HIM and less of me! I ask God to give me opportunities each day to be a witness, and let me tell you, if you ask he provides! It’s soo cool!! Like I always say, “You only get one shot at this life, make a difference, make it count, live beyond yourself.”


So what exactly does this look like????? Who and what is a woman after God’s heart??? I’ve gathered some thoughts that I think every Godly woman should pursue….


A woman of spiritual principles is one who knows who she is in God’s eyes. She understands her worth.  She sees herself “seated in Heavenly places” (Eph 2:6) with a rich inheritance.  She knows she’s a valuable jewel.  She is not only a woman of unsurpassable character, she’s got it going on in every way.  She is a person who draws others to her. She has a certain joy of life that comes from being comfortable with who she is.  She knows the promises of God concerning her and keeps them close to her heart.  She will not settle for less than God’s best. She is a well-kept lady and keeps herself reserved for those things that are deserving of her attention.   She “guards her heart above all else” (Prov 4:23).  She knows where she is going and what she wants and doesn’t land until she sees her destination and gets clearance from God. She knows she is never alone. Her primary concern is God’s will in her life. She is a true woman after God’s own heart.

I truly believe that every woman should see themselves this way! God loves you for YOU! Remember that YOU are God’s masterpiece. He created YOU just the way you are and if you think otherwise then you are dishonoring God.



One of my favorite scripture verses says it all! Check it out….

Proverbs 31:10-31 (Contemporary English Version)

In Praise of a Good Wife

 A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find!  Her husband depends on her, and she never lets him down. She is good to him every day of her life, and with her own hands she gladly makes clothes. She is like a sailing ship that brings food from across the sea. She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and for her servants. She knows how to buy land and how to plant a vineyard, and she always works hard. She knows when to buy or sell, and she stays busy until late at night. She spins her own cloth, and she helps the poor and the needy. Her family has warm clothing, and so she doesn't worry when it snows. She does her own sewing, and everything she wears is beautiful. Her husband is a well-known and respected leader in the city. She makes clothes to sell to the shop owners. She is strong and graceful, as well as cheerful about the future.  Her words are sensible, and her advice is thoughtful.  She takes good care of her family and is never lazy. Her children praise her, and with great pride her husband says, "There are many good women, but you are the best!" Charm can be deceiving, and beauty fades away, but a woman who honors the LORD deserves to be praised. Show her respect-- praise her in public for what she has done.



The model woman described in Proverbs is a portrait of ideal womanhood. BUT the main focus of this is a woman’s relationship with God, and not her specific abilities or marital status. The Proverbs 31 woman realizes that regardless of her natural talents or acquired skills, or all her accomplishments, her strength comes from God. The ideal woman of Proverbs 31 should encourage all women everywhere. This woman’s God-inspired character shines brightly.


You can be single, married, widowed, divorced and this scripture is for you! You can be all these things, mentioned above, as a woman and more! HE truly loves you and thinks you are beautiful. Next time you are having a not-so-good day, remember that God thinks the world of you and wants the best for your life, no matter where you are, what you’ve done, what state you’re in, or how many things you’ve done wrong…you are valued and loved, you are God’s handiwork! You too are a Proverbs 31 woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment