Monday, October 31, 2011

Almost RACE time!!!!



Tomorrow Matt and I leave for Panama City, FL for our very first Full Ironman distance race!!! I am more than excited!!!!! It’s so hard to believe that exactly ONE year from this month, I purchased my VERY FIRST bike! Scary, but at the time I couldn’t tell you the difference between a “Tri” bike and a “Road” bike!  Not to mention, I have never really ridden a bike until this year, because let's face it, I wasn't any cyclist! Who would have thought that a race like this would be in my future! Certainly not me! It wasn’t until my wonderful hubby, Matt, introduced me to this sport! I must say, I never imagined spending 16-20 hrs a week training (all three sports) for something like this, it has certainly stretched me at times, BUT the best part has been the ability to train with Matt. He has been such an encouragement! The moments, when I didn’t want to get out of bed at 4:30am to swim, or run late at night in the pouring down rain, OR endure 6+ hour rides on the bike, HE has always been there to push me to the next level, always willing to encourage and remain patient with me.  Let me tell you ,it is sooooo soooo nice having your best friend train with you AND coach you! I know God definitely hand-picked this one! AND, it certainly has been a wild ride! I can’t wait to race on Saturday! Since this is my first IM, I do not have any HUGE goals, just go out and enjoy myself this year. Looking forward to what the future holds for the next few years! One year down, many more to go! J As for now, I am ready for some sunny, warm weather!!  


2 comments:

  1. Tear it up Chrisbo! We're all so proud of you guys! I can't wait to hear all about the ironman when you get back!

    Love ya!

    Bubs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend!!! Can't wait to hear and read all about it.

    ReplyDelete