Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bitter sweet memories!



This past weekend, was sooooo much fun!!!! My younger brother James and Christine were married in New Jersey! It couldn’t have been a more perfect weekend! The weather was gorgeous, 60’s and not a cloud in the sky. Family and friends arrived from all over. Amazing food was enjoyed, and conversations filled with laughter, tears, excitement, joy, and love all around. The bride was truly stunning. You can tell my brother is so in love!!  The way he looks at Christine, it’s as if he is seeing her for the first time!!




Kindof hard to believe Matt and I were married a year and 3 months ago, still feels like it was yesterday! Time really does go by fast! Throughout the weekend, there was only one person I truly missed and that was my mom. It’s hard to go thru BIG events like this and not have her around to experience these “moments.” She always loved the fall season with the changing of the leaves, cool weather, and football games. I remember (back in the good ol high school days) she would cook the BEST homemade chicken noodle and cauliflower soups on weeknights after soccer and cross country practice, it was soo yummy!  Definitely was the highlight of my day! Sundays were “family days,” where we went to church, cooked big meals, built fires, shared stories and sometimes just caught up with everyone before the start of another week. It was “home” to me. I will never forget those times together as a family.





YESTERDAY  it was family meals, soccer games, sleepovers, homework….TODAY it is working full time jobs, getting married, paying bills , and training for crazy Ironman events, TOMORROW its raising kids, starting another family, and leaving behind another legacy! Throughout life, it’s so important to have family by your side, to go thru the journey together! This weekend I was soo blessed to experience such an incredible wedding. With the blending of another family, the Mazzacone’s, it will make our family that much bigger and richer. Like my mom would always say, “the secret to life is to give your life away.” In doing this, you can truly experience a fulfilling, abundant life! God wants to multiply your blessings and increase your family! So here’s to a weekend of creating lasting memories and gaining another amazing family!






1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog reminds me of our Cross Country days! I remember always being inspired by what you had to say! It is good to see some things don't change!

    ReplyDelete